Clients that are Contraindicated
(cannot be treated):
- Under 18 years old
- Diabetics (consult with your doctor first)
- you have a risk of healing slow and getting an infection
- Pregnant and breastfeeding
- If you take blood thinning medicines (i.e.Aspirin)
- Uncontrolled blood pressure or blood pressure medications
- Skin diseases in the brow area (eczema, psioriasis, rashes, flaky skin)
- Allergic to makeup or pigments
- Those with easily triggered post inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Those with transmittable blood conditions (HIV or Hepatitis)
- Active Skin Cancer
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Those that have healing disorders
- Using Skin medications (Accutane/Isotretinoin or steriods)
- Taken Doxycycline in the past 6 months
Please let me know if you have had allergic reactions to topical anesthetics or pigments. We can perform a patch test if needed.
- AHA’s (lactic, glycolic, citric, retinoic and tartaric acids) or any OTC creams and lotions for tone correcting, anti-aging, exfoliating, fading can discolor your permanent makeup.
- Flu/Cold/Airborne Illness: Please stay home or reschedule your appointment if you have cold, flu, sinus/respiratory infection, or any airborne illness, COVID-19 symptoms.
- Coumadin: Amount of bleeding and response to topical epinephrine will determine coverage per appointment. If excessive bleeding occurs, extra appointments may be necessary for desired outcome or procedure may not be effective.
- Cancers/Chemotherapy: Doctor’s clearance may be necessary.
- Botox/Juvéderm or other “fillers”: Get permanent makeup first or ask your injector/nurse for clearance.
- Sunburnt clients should wait until that has subsided
- Fosamax or Caltrate: Can cause pigment loss and color changes
- Shingles (Varicella): If you have shingles on your face, wait several months to get permanent makeup.
- Eyelift or blepharoplasty: Wait about 3 months.
- Pinkeye: After infection has completely cleared 1 week after medication cycle is completed.
- If you have had keloids before, please be aware that this may cause a reaction.
- If you smoke tobacco (including hookah), you will have a hard time healing and retaining color.
Semi-permanent makeup is an ART AND a science. Results are extremely dependent on how one heals and will vary with each individual client. Semi-permanent makeup is a 2-step process. While come clients can achieve desired results in one session others cannot. Skin varies from client to client so two sessions are needed to reach desired results. This is a buildable service, the first session is mainly to lay the foundation and see how the skin takes to pigment. Successful results and specific color requests are not guaranteed (especially on those with problematic skin and/or cover up an old tattoo) and additional sessions, at a minimum charge, may be required to obtain desired results. Although I use premium products and provide quality services, every client heals differently and many factors can lead to varied results. I do not guarantee perfect proportions or symmetry as some bone structures and muscle movements do not call for it. The final shape is completely your decision, and tattooing will not start until you decide on the final shape. All services provided are non-refundable.